June 15, 2006
TV One Contributes to Winner of 2006 Archi-Tech AV Awards
ERLANGER, KY, June 15, 2006—TV One contributed the Corio2® based, C2-5200 (formerly the C2-775), and the A2-2000 (formerly the A2-700), to an audio-visual project that received a 2006 ARCHI-TECH AV Award. The winning project was “Movies Under the Stars” which was created by Thomas Gregor Associates.
ARCHI-TECH magazine and InfoComm International® announced that seven audiovisual or architectural design firms specializing in AV installations received a 2006 ARCHI-TECH AV Award. The ARCHI-TECH AV Awards honor the best audiovisual architectural projects in the industry. Two grand prizes and five other winners were named from among the 46 projects submitted for consideration.
“To receive an ARCHI-TECH AV Awards speaks to the quality of the products and the talents of the firms involved in creating these award-winning audiovisual projects,” said Jim Forthofer, publisher, ARCHI-TECH.
The awards will be presented at InfoComm International’s third annual AV Awards Banquet to take place in Orlando on Tuesday evening, June 6. Award winning projects will be featured in the July/August 2006 issue of ARCHI-TECH. The winning projects are:
Grand Prize Winners:
- Best Project Over $1 Million: Lake of Dreams submitted by SPL Integrated Solutions, Columbia, MD
- Best Project Under $1 Million: Carnegie Library “Interactive UX” (User Experience) submitted by The Sextant Group, headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA and EDGE Studio, Pittsburgh, PA
- Cisco Systems Executive Briefing Center submitted by Avidex AV, Redmond, WA
- Center for Disease Control Visitors Center submitted by Communications Electronic Design (CED), Louisville, KY
- Movies Under the Stars submitted by Thomas Gregor Associates, El Segundo, CA
- San Jose Civic Center submitted by Shen Milsom & Wilke, headquartered in New York, NY
- CDC Global Communications Building submitted by Waveguide Consulting Inc., Atlanta, GA
About TV One
Founded in 1991, TV One specializes in video, audio and multimedia processing equipment, based on its proprietary CORIO™ video conversion technology. Centrally located in Erlanger, KY with offices across the globe, TV One manufactures a complete line-up of products for the professional and broadcast video market.
ARCHI-TECH is a publication with an exclusive focus on combining the elements of design with the rapidly evolving technologies being used in commercial buildings. Each issue provides architects, integrators and other specialized and highly influenced designers cutting-edge information for today’s commercial building market. ARCHI-TECH has a circulation of 28,000 and a readership of nearly 100,000.
From TV One, 1350 Jamike Drive, Erlanger, KY, 41018, 800-721-4044, 859-282-7303, http://www.tvone.com. For more information please contact Amy Fraley at TV One.